smart72 is a fast-growing Heating, Cooling, and Plumbing company that is driven by our Core Values. We value our employees and provide a family-oriented and fun working environment where your efforts are recognized and rewarded. We vow to make “First Time Customers, Life Time Customers” and our team does what it takes to deliver on that promise.
The Technical Trainer will use their HVAC background and field experience to guide our trainees through a 16-week training course. You will teach technicians how to effectively perform service calls and handle all client interactions, coordinate ride-along schedules with technicians, and provide hands-on technical training and evaluations until trainees are ready to work on their own. The Technical Trainer will also be responsible for preparing and planning training material and perform evaluations to test the effectiveness of the course. The ideal candidate must be able to react positively and help lead the way forward to include new developments in training targeted to new employees.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Conduct training sessions covering equipment, components, and systems used in residential settings.
- Communicate 16-week training plans clearly and assist managers with execution of plan and training needs.
- Select appropriate training methods or activities (e.g. mentoring, on-the-job training, and professional development classes).
- Coordinate and perform ride-along training.
- Show technicians how to establish customer rapport to sell the right products and services.
- Continually evaluate procedures to monitor and analyze training effectiveness and update curriculum as needed.
- Identify gaps in the skills and competencies of our current training processes and establish measures to track the progress of these skills and competencies.
- Assist employees with problems concerning “how to” perform specific tasks related to their job description.
- Assist with tracking of training assignments and attendance; maintain training data to assist with the reporting and metrics of ongoing training initiatives.
- Participate in meetings.
- Report on progress of employees under guidance during training periods.
SKILLS AND QUALIFICATIONS
- Leadership skills to effectively direct employees while in a training environment.
- Strategic thinker with excellent analytical skills
- Requires initiative, motivation, creativity, and ability to understand many areas of expertise.
- Ability to assess needs related to practices and procedures and produce training programs and materials to target these needs.
- The ability to effectively present information and respond to questions from management, trainees, and customers.
- Ability to communicate professionally with all levels of management.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills are necessary to produce and deliver quality training programs.
- Ability to function independently in a multi-task environment, as well as part of a team.
- Must possess the ability to anticipate and solve practical problems and resolve issues.
- Strong planning and organizational skills.
- Proven presentation and facilitation skills.
- Proven track record of training/teaching ability, and success in service/ customer service businesses.
- Knowledge of Windows, Power Point, Word and Excel or similar programs required.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE
- 3- 5 years of experience in residential or commercial HVAC maintenance and repair.
- EPA certification
- NATE certified is a plus.
- Previous teaching or trainer experience preferred.
- Regularly required to: handle or feel; reach with hands and arms; speak, hear and communicate
- Regularly lift and/or move objects 10-75lbs
- Frequently required to stand, walk, stoop, kneel, crouch or crawl
- Occasionally required to sit and climb or balance
- Occasionally required to perform work in attics, narrow crawl spaces, or rooftops requiring the use of ladders.
- Occasionally work may be performed in temperatures above 100 degrees
- Specific vision abilities required for this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception and ability to adjust and focus.